I love kale. I love that it grows all year round, I love the diversity of dishes you can make with it, I love how good it is for you…it’s definitely one of my favorite veggies!
What I don’t like is having to scroll down for 10 minutes just to get to a recipe. So without further ado, here’s the recipe for one of my favorite kale dishes. Enjoy!
CRUNCHY KALE SALAD
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale
- 1/2 bunch green onions
- 1 cup quinoa (dry)
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds*
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- While quinoa is cooking, chop and massage the Lacinato kale. Chop the green onions. Then put them in a bowl and add the pumpkin seeds & hemp seeds. (*Feel free to substitute any type of nut or seed: sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts, etc.)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and olive oil and whisk together to make the dressing.
- When the quinoa is done cooking, allow it to cool.
- Combine the cooled quinoa with the rest of the elements.
- Add dressing and feta cheese to taste. Enjoy!